Jan 22, 2007

The New Cat's Sleeping Bag

Kaity informed her Daddy that her new stuffed kitty had to have a sleeping blanket like Old Meow. I'll explain Old Meow. This cat was once a pristine white Ty Beanie Baby Cat. Of course that was 3 years ago. I can attest to the quality of Ty's products. This poor cat has been completely abused and has gone through the washer and dryer many, many times. He's very well loved.
My mom bought me Jan Eaton's "200 Ripple Stitches" book for me. I sat down one day with a big skein of Red Heart Classic yarn in a bright yellow and started trying out the stitches. I gave all the swatches to Kaity. There was one that was longer then the others so I folded it over and made a sleeping bag out of it and gave it to Kaity for Old Meow. Old Meow will not sleep without his sleeping bag and scarf I made him. I'll have to get a pic of the cat and his bag. It's priceless. I'm sure that after seeing this bag for the new cat, Old Meow is going to be jealous and want a new bag....lol. Just wait I'll be spending another evening knitting another bag with scrap yarns.

Anyway back to present time, Kaity told Shawn to tell me that her new Kitty (can't remember its name right at the moment) needs her own sleeping bag because Old Meow refuses to share and she doesn't want her new Kitty to get cold. Thus the pictures I'm now showing you. I'm not the one who picked out the yarn.....that one can be blamed on a 5 year old.....lol. So this is what my few hours of knitting was spent on tonight and why I'm going to bed so late. I know it will be loved so it makes it worth it.

Labels: ,



No comments:

Post a Comment