Feb 7, 2007

Civil War Shawl

I decided to start on the Civil War Shawl today. Hey why not, I had the pattern and the Zephyr was sitting there staring at me. So I did what any self respecting knitter would do....ran to the Zephyr giggling madly. I love the feel of this yarn.....Yummy!
The pic doesn't show the yarn overs and such very well but when I stretch it out some it looks good. Also I'm a bit of a tight knitter. All in all I think it looks good and I really like this green. I'll be ordering more of this yarn....lol.
So here's what I've got so far, 8 rows completed on 5 DPNs. I ended up having to do the first 3-4 rows on size US 0 needles. I could not for the life of me get everything to join in the round correctly using size US 5 needles. Thin yarn and thick needles....they weren't like each other. I even tried Magic Loop. I really like Magic Loop and will definitely be trying it on the next pair of worsted weight socks I make for Kaity but what I won't be doing is using it on lace weight yarn....No Way Jose! It turned out to look like Crapola. I should have took some pics to show you how bad it looked. But I digress, I finally got the yarn, needles and my patience to join together as one and got 8 rows done before Kaity got home. With Kaity home it is a big distraction with constant "Mommy can you....", "Mommy can I....", "Look Mommy...."(this could go on and on). The questions course are not conducive to concentrating....lol. So I put the shawl away and will work on it some more another time.

Labels: , ,



No comments:

Post a Comment