Feb 25, 2007

Progress on Martha Socks

I've got about 5" of 7.5" done on the cuff of the first sock of my Martha socks....the quarterly challenge from Sheri at The Loopy Ewe. I'm really liking this sock. I love the colors, although the picture just doesn't do the color justice. Normally I would make a pair of bright socks but the challenge is to make a pair of socks using yarn you wouldn't normally purchase. I went with Cherry Tree Hill in the Tropical Storm colorway and Parallel Socks pattern by Wildhorse Farms. I love their patterns and there are more that I want to pick up soon. I have noticed a small amount of dye on my hands after working with these socks. The colors are really dark so I'm really not shocked at all. Doesn't hurt a think and it washes right off. I'm going to really enjoy knitting up the other two hanks I have in my stash. I think my green/blue mix which was a part of Cherry Tree Hills potluck brights. I think that they were special dyes that were only going to be sold till they were out of stock and then they wouldn't make anymore. Needless to say that one will probably be used for my Monkey socks. I found it at my one of my LYS's, The Yarn Shoppe. I still haven't managed to make it to all of them yet, mostly due to ***geographical difficulties ***. I've got to move *sigh*, maybe one of these days. Unfortunately the military is the one to tell were we are going to live for another 5.5 years. We've tossed around the idea of moving to Kuna or Boise but decided the commute isn't worth it right now. Oh I can't wait for retirement.

***Please read: Them Being To Damn Far Away*** :-)

Well I am off to catch a few hours of sleep. I've got a dentist appointment tomorrow. They are going to be doing a lot of work on the upper left side of my mouth. My fault completely I was a bonehead and didn't go to the dentist for about 6 years. When I was in the military they forced me to go every year but after I got out I didn't go again. Yup I know I'm an idiot. :-) I had dental insurance but kept coming up with reasons I couldn't go. This will lurned me. I will now be going to the dentist twice a year since that's what my insurance will pay for. Wish me luck.....wonder how miserable I'll be tomorrow when I get home. I'll take my knitting with me, might get a few rows in while I'm waiting. Hope everyone has a nice day and gets some good knitting time in.

Labels: , , ,



No comments:

Post a Comment