Feb 11, 2007

Here It Is



Here's the pictures that I promised. Believe it or not this sock took me a total of about 6.5 hours. I put down my start and stop times so I could add them up when I finished. That 6.5 hours was from "Cast On" to "Ends Weaved In". I've never knit a worsted weight sock for Kaity that fast. It normally takes me a few days to get one sock done. I'm not sure if it was because I was using Magic Loop or if it's because my sock knitting mojo was in high gear. : )
I'm using 40" US 6 Knit Picks Options needle and Red Heart Super Saver Multicolor in the Banana Berry colorway. I really like the way the colors pool together.
I still have the second sock to knit up and the pattern to put together. Then I'll go through and reknit according to the pattern to make sure that everything is right. After that I'll post it out here as a free pattern.
I'm not sure if there are others out there that do things the way I do, but I have to have a pattern when I'm knitting. Well it's more like I need a reference, I can jot down numbers and stuff for turning the heel and decreasing. I can't do it from memory I have to have something to refer back too. So hopefully this will help out someone else who's wanting to use Magic Loop to make socks for their kids.
On a sad note, I had a very beautiful hank of CTH supersock that met a very sad, horrible, demise during a tragic winding accident. Lets just say that there is enough to make a pair of socks for Kaity and some little balls that will work up nicely for socks for Bree. It was sad, sad, sad. Hubby believes it was his fault and after listening to my cussing and seeing the pain of having to cut the hank he quick authorized the purchase of swift and a new hank of yarn. I do love my hubby.....lol. Seriously though, I was almost in tears I was so upset. :)
So Sheri is going to think I have a major buying problem (5 order in less then 30 days). I have an order in the mail from her store and I just placed an order to replace the hank that died. I got a wooden swift from JoAnn's with a 40% off coupon. I figure it it's crappy I'll send it back and get my money back.

Labels: , , , ,



No comments:

Post a Comment