Feb 20, 2007

Socks for Me and Yarn for Bree

OK that title was kinda rhymie. I started a new pair of socks for myself last night using the Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in the Tropical Storm colorway. First of let me say that if you haven't used Cherry Tree Hill, you need too. This stuff is soooooo soft and super yummy. It's really nice on the hands when knitting. I rate it's smoothness up there with Lorna's Lace. I haven't had any problems with it being splitty either. I've got 2 other hanks of CTH in my stash so I'm glad it's so nice.
I got my order in from Mary Moran at The Knitting Zone. I'd definitely recommend buying from her. She's got great customer service and she ships out your stuff fast. Plus the shipping is very reasonable. I ordered a skein of yarn for Bree and a set of HiyaHiya needles and it only cost me $2.87 for shipping instead of the standard $5.95 that most places charge. She's got a Customers Award program that keeps track of your orders and when you hit $200 you get a $10 store credit. I'll be ordering from her again.
The nice pastel skein of yarn is for socks for Bree. It's Katia Mississippi 3 print. I bought it from The Knitting Zone when I bought my needles. I figured I'd give it a try and see how well it knits up.

Labels: , , , ,



No comments:

Post a Comment