Feb 28, 2007

Update, Then Bed

Tonight I knit on my gift knit. I can't wait till I can post pics for everyone to see. Hopefully I will be doing that here in about 2 weeks. It's knitting up faster then I thought. The only prob is I missed a YO back 2 rows so I need to run a lifeline tomorrow and rip back. I'm glad I counted stitches and realized it now and not 10 rows later. :-)
Really don't have any news on the sock front. I worked on my "Martha" socks yesterday evening but wasn't able to pick them up tonight. I've got about 1/2" or so before I start the heel flap. I don't think I'm going to make the cuff 7.5" like the patterns is calling for. I think I'll stop at 7" and call it good. The heel flap is going to add about 3" so that will give me a nice long cuff, just the way I like em. :-) And I wonder why I like hanks with a lot of yardage......lol. Between the 9-10" cuff and the Size 10 foot I eat through a good amount of yardage in my socks. There are times when I wished I had a size 8.5 like my sis. She's about my height 5' 8" maybe a smidge taller then me and she ended up with feet over a size smaller then mine. I just can't figure it.....lol.
The "Martha" socks have swapped needles 4 times now. I started them off on my US 1, 5" Brittany's from Full Thread Ahead, then moved them to the US 1, 5" HiyaHiya needles I got in from The Knitting Zone, then moved them to the US 1, 5" Lantern Moon Sox Stix that I got in from Yarn Market, then finally they were moved to the US 1, 6" Knit Picks Nickel Plated DPN's that I got from where else, Knit Picks.....lol. I've already got $11 in stuff just sitting in my cart. All I need to do is add some yarn and click buy. I'm resisting the temptation right now....lol. I'm eying some lace knitting books right now. I need to add something to go with all the sock books. Though I do have to buy More Sensational Knitted socks when it comes out.
Now back to my sock talk, the poor socks just don't know what to do with all the needle swapping. Right now they are lovin' the Knit Picks needles so they will stay on those. Gotta love pointy needles.
I wasn't sure if I would care for the Knit Picks DPN's. I've only used wooden DPN's to make socks. I really like them. They are a little heavier then my birch and bamboo needles and definitely slicker, but I didn't seem to have any probs using them. I love the Knit Picks but I think I'll still find myself reaching for my wooden needles more. The Knit Picks are going to come in handy knitting up lace and other patterned socks.
Oh, oh, I ordered more books. I got the first book, A Treasury of Knitting Patterns by Barbara Walker and Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush. I'm going to work on getting the other 3 Barbara Walker books in the Treasury set over the next few paydays. I got them out at Amazon so of course I got free shipping.....gotta love free shipping. I also ordered Favorite Socks and Knitting Vintage Socks from Overstock with my $25 gift card that came in the other day. I was surprised on how many knitting books Overstock had. So now I have to sit here patiently waiting for those to come in.....lol.
OK, time to stop rambling. My eBay auction has ended, winner has been emailed, so I can stop my shameless use of my blog to kill time and go to bed.....l0l.

Labels: , , , ,



No comments:

Post a Comment