Feb 2, 2007

Yippy, Their Done!!!

I finished up my sisters socks this afternoon. Last night I managed to get them to the toe decrease and decided to put them away for the night because I was suppose to go to Costco's today and figured I could finish them up in the car. Well I ended up not going.....Shawn got to do all the shopping and I stayed home with the kids, which didn't bother me a bit.
So here they are and now I can move on to another project. These socks went out for a breath of fresh air to be photographed in natural light. For once I actually finished something in the middle of the day on a day where the sun was out and shinning. I have no idea what type of bush the socks are sitting on is, but I do know they harbor spiders like you wouldn't believe in the summer time.....Yuck! Always freaks me out when they go running across my floor. I doesn't happen to often but hate it when they do.
I think tonight I'll work on some socks for Bree with the leftover Lorna's Lace Rainbow from Kaity's last pair of socks. I'm waiting for my Loopy Ewe order to come in before I cast on a pair for myself.
For these socks I used 5 DPN's size US 1, CO 72 sts using a top down pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks and the Waffle Rib pattern, located on page 34-38. These socks were done up for a foot circumference of 8.5 inches and a foot length of about 9.5 inches. The cuff is about 5-6 inches (don't have my notes near me to say for sure). I still have enough yarn left over to make a pair of socks for Bree....of course she's only 6 months old so her feet aren't all that big. : )

Labels: , , , ,



No comments:

Post a Comment