Feb 15, 2007

What Some Will Pay

I was sitting here at the computer surfing eBay checking out the sock yarns. I look for really good deals and there are some really talented dyers selling out there too for good prices. I just picked up some sock yarn that is a mix of yellows, oranges, and reds. I'll take pics when I get it in.
Anyways, as I surfing through what's getting ready to end I come across some Socks That Rock Medium Weight from Blue Moon Fiber Arts in the Watermelon Tourmaline colorway. Anyone who has ever sat and drooled at the Blue Moon site knows that Watermelon Tourmaline is a current color and you can get the medium weight sock yarn for $21.50 and their shipping is a $5 flat rate shipping if I remember correctly. So if you buy it from Blue Moon Fiber Arts your looking at $26.50, a good price for sock yarn. I've been told that it's definitely worth the price. I haven't knit with it yet but it's on the list to buy. But back to the matter at hand. The current price on the Socks That Rock that I found on eBay is $37.99 plus and additional $4.05 for shipping. Yup, you seen it correctly $37.99 plus shipping and there is still like 4 hours to go on this thing. This is for ONE (1) hank. I could understand this if it were a discontinued colorway, but not one that you can buy from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. Someone must want this hank really, really bad.....they've got Bid Fever.
I just wanted to share the giggle I got out of this bid with you all. I found it some what amusing.

Labels:



No comments:

Post a Comment