Feb 22, 2007

Lottsa Updates

OK I've got a few things I need to post about. I got absolutely no knitting done yesterday because Bree refused to take a nap and last night she didn't go to bed till after midnight. I haven't done any knitting this afternoon but I will when I get done with these posts. Hopefully tonight I may have some knitting content. :)
First off we have a my book and pattern booklet that came in from eBay. I snagged the Wendy Knits book for like $8 and there are definitely enough patterns in there I'll use to make it worth the money. I got the little booklet of Mittens, Socks and Gloves for Kids as kinda a reference to have when I try to making the girls some mittens/gloves later this year. There is a cute pair of cabled knee socks for girls in there that I know Kaity would totally love.



Next up is some sock yarn I bought off of eBay. It says it's 100% Peruvian Wool so I would imagine this stuff will felt if not careful. It's a little less bright in person which suits me fine. It's pretty but not as tightly spun as some other sock yarns I've used. The plus side is it doesn't stink and it's not super scratchy. It's not as buttery soft as Lorna's Lace or Cherry Tree Hill but it's not like touching sand paper. All in all not to bad a buy for $10. I might have been disappointed if I'd have paid more, like say around $25-30. For that I expect superior quality.



I'm now officially a Loopie Group. You become a Loopie Groupie when you place your 6th order at The Loopie Ewe. I've received my 6th order and in it I received a Loopy Ewe tote, a pretty blue multi sock yarn by Online, a pattern for fingerless gloves, and a bag with Dove Chocolates....Yummy! The chocolate isn't going to last long...lol. Dove is like my favorite chocolate. Ok time to stop thinking about chocolate. I don't know about you but I'm starting to drool like Homer Simpson when he thinks about Beer......Ummmmm Chocolate. If you haven't bought yarn from Sheri you are missing out. Go over and order from her.....you will not be disappointed.



Finally, last but not lest is my order from The Loopy Ewe that got me in as a Loopie Groupie. I picked up the Yarn Pirate in the Apple colorway (which is sold out now)......Oh my, oh my, oh my this has to be some of the yummiest yarn and it's soooooo much more gorgeous in person. Pictures just do not do this yarn justice.....I'm totally in love with it and will probably have to beat Kaity off with a stick saying "Mine, Mine, Mine" cause I know she's going to start drooling too. Most of the order was for the girls. The Yarn Pirate was for me. The two hanks of Lorna's Lace are for Kaity. I got her Tickled Pink and Iris Garden. She hasn't seen them yet because they came in after she left for school. The purple/blue skein is for Bree. It's the Crystal Palace Panda Cotton. This skein is so cute. It's smaller then the little skeins of Lang Jawoll sock yarn. You get like 6-7 sts per inch and there's 170 yards on that tiny little skein. I'd buy more for the cuteness factor.....lol. I like the feel of it and I think it's going to knit up nice. I'll probably be buying more. There is a pink/green mix that is bright that Kaity loves.

Labels: , , , , ,



No comments:

Post a Comment