Feb 27, 2007

One Bad Day

**Disclaimer: This is going to be a major ranting post with the possibility of a little whining!

Ok, it's bad enough that I can't seem to find the time to knit today, no biggie, it won't be the first time and definately won't be the last time. Hey I have to kids and one is an infant. I'm not going to count Shawn since technically he isn't a kid but it seems like it when him and Kaity are arguing or he is forever looking for something that he misplaced. :-)
Anyway, Bree had an appointment with the doc this afternoon. Well she was suppose to have an appointment but the exercise has screwed everything all to hell....what's new. Anyone who has any dealings with the military will know what I'm talking about. No one wants to get me going on the exercise we are having now......I'd rant for way tooooo long.
Back to the matter at hand, the appointment was canceled and I was told to just bring her in.....no prob, that went pretty quickly. I only waited in the lobby for like 5 minutes or so and talked to a very nice lady about her grandbabies and great grandbabies. Now we go back and they weigh her and measure her and then have a pow wow with the doc. This visit was a follow up to see if she was growing right. Some how this appointment turned into the fact that my 7 month old daughter isn't fat enough. Yup that's right she's too skinny. Shit what's next. Guess I could give her some of my fat. Apparently she has lost around 10 ounces some where in the last 30 days. I have no idea where it is but I guess I need to start looking for it. I wasn't aware that this was something to freak out about. OK maybe I would freak out if she had lost like 2-3 lbs in 30 days but not 10 friggin' ounces.

Weight Correction: (I looked up her weight after I had already posted.....I'm too damn lazy to go back and edit the post. :-)
***I just looked up her weight from a month ago and it was 13 lbs 3 oz so she gained 2 ozs instead of losing in a 30 day period. Still not enough in the eyes of the doc. I'm getting a headache thinking about it.***

Anyway back to the story again. So then the nurse comes in and tells me that I need to be feeding her more. I guess I'm now going to have to poke her awake in the middle of the night and early morning so that she can nurse. She nurses when she wants too and she eats baby cereal in the morning and evening and in the evening she normally has a veggie or fruit to go with her cereal. Plus she has 2 ounces of juice some time in the afternoon.
So basically the feeling that I got while there at the doc was that I'm a bad mom because my daughter isn't up to their weight expectations. I can't help it that my girls are petite. Bree is 7 months old and is weighting in at 13 lbs, 5 ozs. Shoot Kaity is 6 years old and is like 40 lbs soakin' wet. I know that the doctors are just doing their jobs but you can't expect every baby to be the same.
Well I'm off to go smack my head against the wall and find some other outlet for my pissed offedness.

Labels: , ,



No comments:

Post a Comment