Feb 26, 2007

Stash Enhancement

I got my orders in from Knit Picks and The Loopy Ewe. The Loopy order was to replace a pair of socks for Kaity that met a horrible fate....we're not ready to talk about it yet....still in mourning. Well Kaity isn't ready to talk but I will. Her rainbow socks made with Lorna's Lace were too big....my fault completely on that one. They've been frogged but the yarn just doesn't look like it will knit back up into another pair and look good. I'm thinking about double stranding it and making socks for Bree....haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do. So I let Kaity pick out some yarn and since I was there I figured I'd throw in the pouch too. It'll be nice to have for my smaller projects so I don't lose needles and such in the bottom of my bag. I hate it when I lose needles. :)

Next up is my order from Knit Picks. I picked out one skein of Wool of the Andes and one skein of Swish Superwash. I got one chocolately brown color and one dark green.....I'm really loving both colors....decisions, decisions, decisions! I'm going to work up some swatches with cables and such to see which one I like better for my Central Park Hoodie KAL. Of course you can't go out to Knit Picks and just buy two things so I picked up a new needle gauge that will read ALL needle sizes including the 1/2 sizes, one US 1 circular needle, a set of US 1 Double Points, some more pouches for my Options set, and the color cards for Wool of the Andes and Swish Superwash.

I still have some more yarn coming in that I bought from eBay. I think KnitTech is right, why would I need to go to my LYS (there are several I can chose from)...I've got enough yarn in my stash to sustain me for awhile. I can start one of my own with the yarn that I have.....lol. Heck if I knew I could get enough business I would start one down here in my itty bitty town. :)

I have Sue to thank for some of my stash enhancement. She's the one who helped me get my little stash a little bigger by sending me a goodie box with some sock yarn in it. From there the stash has started to grow out of hand.....lol. I need to stop buying sock yarn for awhile and use some up. I need to go on a sock yarn diet.....lol. It's almost like a sickness......lol. Do I need to be at a Stash Enhancement Anonymous meeting? I can stand up and say "Hi my name is Trish, and I have a sock yarn buying problem".....lol. Do those meetings exist? If not maybe I need to start the first branch.....knitters around the world can unite at these meetings for support. I've seen people who stash would bury them if it were to topple onto them....mine hasn't made it to that point yet.....not even close.....lol. I'm might bury me up to my calves, not to dangerous yet! :)

Labels: ,



No comments:

Post a Comment