Jun 16, 2007

Baby Halter Top

I started this the other night for Bree:

Dscn0832


It's a really quick knit.  The garter stitch isn't the same on both sides which has to do with the different cast ons that I used.  I'm not sweating it and I now know what my mistake is so that if I knit this again I won't make it. 



I have about 22 rows left before I bind off and seam it up.  It's the pattern Katja from Knitty.  I'm using King Tut cotton and it's a dream to knit with.  This is the nicest cotton yarn I've used so far.  It's soft and it doesn't kill my hands to knit with.  This is the yarn my sis and I picked out for her Ribs and Lace Tank from Interweave Knits Spring 07 issue.



I couldn't hold out on my sock yarn diet.  I signed up for the Yarn Pirate monthly sock club.  That was just too good to miss out on.  Even Shawn said "Go For It".  If Shawn doesn't complain about it then I'm not doing to bad.  So now I'll be getting one skein of sock yarn each month.....woohoo!



Shawn and I decided to change the date we leave here for Montana from 6 Aug to the 5th or 6th of Sept.  We have many good reasons, all of which out weigh the bad which is going to be  Kaity missing the first week of school.  So I now have one extra month to get things done which means I'm not going to be running around like a chicken with it's head cut off.  :~)



Hope everyone is having a great weekend.



3 comments:

  1. Hope you all are having a good weekend, too. So far, no PowWow. The Deputy is still in the rack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Ribs and Lace Tank pattern - can't wait to see your progress on it! And having an extra month to move seems like a good plan to me - kids adjust so fast to change anyway, Kaity probably won't even notice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I knew you'd sign up for the Yarn Pirate club! tee...hee!

    ReplyDelete