Jun 21, 2007

Cute Card & Such

I got this b-day card in the mail this morning from my mom.  I loved it and wanted to share it with all of you.  :~)

Dscn0975


On the inside it says "...But apparently, they don't know how to knit. Warmest Wishes"



Warning: Major Rant Content containing absolutely no knitting.  Skip to the bottom to get back to knitting if you don't want to read my rantings!  You can skip it, I don't mind.  The rant is mostly for my benefit!   :~)



This card made me crack up and I sorely needed it after the news Shawn gave me.  He was told that he needed to make sure his personal bag was packed and ready for the upcoming exercise.  So we went out and purchased all of the stuff he needed.....all $45 worth of stuff.  I'm pissed about wasting the money but I'm more pissed because this isn't the first time the little ass has done something like that.  I can't even begin to comprehend what is going through his pea brain. 
Shawn found this morning that he didn't need his personal bag because he's not deploying because we are PCSing (moving) before the next deployment.  Only the people who are deploying in Sept need to have their personal bags put together for this exercise.  Shawn's stupid little pin headed (insert a whole lot of creative cussing) weasel of a Lt (more cussing here) tells him "Oh yeah, I knew you didn't need to but I wanted you guys to show flight initiative".  WTF, does that mean Flight Initiative.  Did the idiot think he was going to gain brownie points for omitting information which in my opinion is lying!  Let me tell you what, I was ready to go in there and show that little (insert a lot more cussing) stupid moron just what flight initiative is.  He's a worthless waste of space and is sucking up valuable air that is needed for more worthy individuals.  I told Shawn to make sure the little (insert a lot of creative unladylike name calling here) turd stays away from me when I'm up there for Shawn promotion ceremony because I will not hold back my opinions.  What I'm saying here in blogland is what I'd tell that little waste of space if I ever see him.  This isn't the first time he's done something like this.  I have absolutely no problem looking someone in the eye and saying "Go away, I can't stand you".  I'm not one for politely smiling and making small talk with some one I don't like.  Life's to short to waste it on things like that.



Anyways, back to knitting content.



I've changed my mind and am now planning on using this for my SOS socks instead:



Dscn0979



It's Scarlet Fleece It Tubular x2 sock yarn in the color Irish Eyes.  Wonder if I'll change my mind again?  I'm still planning on sticking with Elenore, a pattern by Momma Monkey.



Sorry for the rant everyone.....I just needed to get that out of my system so I can get through the rest of the day.



Happy Knitting!





6 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the rant. That Looey made you spend $45 you didn't need to spend. I'd be upset, too. I can remember having to bite my tongue when the higher ups were around. It wasn't easy. Now you know one reason why we left the AF. I just wasn't the butt kissing type. Love the sock yarn, BTW. Maybe that will help ease things. Take a big deep breath and remember you are about to get the hell of out Dodge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Go Girl! There's always some little s--t trying to screw with people because they can. I get mad in the same way; it lasts years. I get over it eventually . . . usually - lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rant all you want. Hopefully it all blows over soon.
    And that card is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! Sorry about the ranting situation, but it's completely understandable. Deep breaths - knit - "this too shall pass. . ." Love the alpaca - he looks just like the one I met at the Fiber Fair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm there to back you up girlfriend!
    rottenstinkinsag. WTF is Flight Initiative?
    We have pointy needles and will and will have vengance. (it takes me a while to get over stuff)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww that is such a cute card. Eppp about the exercise bag and not needing it. :(
    On a happy note, I love that color you are gonna use. Can't wait to see how it turns out. :) I *heart* greens. :)

    ReplyDelete