Jun 7, 2007

Monkey Sunrise #1

I finished up the first Monkey Sunrise sock. 

Dsc03068


I only needed to put one more repeat on the foot and knit the toe so it went fairly quickly.  This sock took about 7 days to knit, though there were 4 of those 7 days I didn't touch the sock at all.  So I guess you could say it took about 3 days to knit.  This pattern works up sooooooo fast.  :~) 



I like how the toe kinda pooled....it mostly purple on the bottom and yellow on the top.  I'll cast on the second sock tomorrow.  I never seem to have a problem with second sock syndrome. 



Now it's off to catch some sleep.  Must have sleep for a busy day of shredding old papers and doing a few loads of laundry.....talk about energy taxing work.  :~)



8 comments:

  1. Great sock. I really like how the colors of the yarn worked out. Ah, shredding papers. I had bags of the stuff. We used it as packing material. Hope you get some knitting in today, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the socks. I guess I need to try that pattern out! :) I'm out of town, but my husband said I got a package from you :) Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow the sock looks great!
    the Mr bought a multi-media shredder so we "shred as we go". but I'm sure there are tons of stuff in the files that could go- that is if you are looking for more packing material! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sock. The colors turned out really well.
    We shred as we go too. Although I often don't get around to it and spend an afternoon alternating between shredding and letting the machine cool off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sock looks amazing. Good choice of the Monkey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how I missed this (I blame Bloglines!) - your Sunrise Monkey is GORGEOUS! I never tire of seeing Monkeys, it is my fave pattern for socks.

    ReplyDelete