Jun 29, 2007

FO - Fingerless Mitts

Yes, Yippy, WooHoo!  I finished up the fingerless mitts.

Dsc03127


So Monday it'll be off to the Loopy Ewe they go along with the baby hats.  My mailman's going to love me, I have several boxes for him to pick up.  :~)



I love the yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd worsted.  I also love this colorway: Bittersweet.  This yarn is sooooo soft.  If I could afford it I'd so make a sweater for myself out of this stuff....Yummy!  I some other colors in my stash so I'll probably make some warm socks for my feet for the winter.



I modified the Wristers pattern from Creative Knitting, I can't think which issue the pattern is in but it was a couple of issues back.  If you want to know which issue let me know I'll go look it up.  I'm too lazy to do it right now.  The pattern was written for fingering weight at about 8 spi so obviously there was a serious need for adjustment.  I  cast on less stitches, modified the thumb gusset so that it had less stitches increased.  I like the thumb gusset on the wristers pattern which is the main reason I tweaked the pattern.  My worsted weight mods need to be tweaked a little bit more for when I make a pair for myself.



6 comments:

  1. Alright! A very nice FO. Sheri is going to really appreciate everything you send. I gotta do Q3 when she announces it. Hope you are in for a good weekend. Tomorrow is a big day for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LL Worsted is yummy! I'm using it for My So-Called Scarf and it feels wonderful! I'm sure the wristers are uber-cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Can't wait to see the pair you make for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on the gloves! I love LL's yarn. It always behaves and come out perfectly.

    ReplyDelete