Jun 26, 2007

Halfway There

Ok, before I start my knitting content I want to let you know that my cousin's hubby Andy is awake now and appears to be in good humor.  He's not able to talk at the moment.  From what I gather he had some damage to the portion of his brain that controls his speech.  Thank you everyone for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers.  ((((((hugs))))))

Now on to knitting.  This is what I finished with my lovely night of quiet.

Dsc03112






Please excuse the super white legs.  Can I convince you all that they aren't mine?.....ah guess not huh!  Oh well.



This is my first pair of socks for Summer of Socks 07.  I'm not competing in the contests.  I'm not good at those kind of things anyway.  I'm in it to knit the socks and meet up with other wonderful sock knitters. 
This sock fits Fan-Friggin-Tastic!!!!  I am sooo lovin' this sock.  You all should have seen me dancing a jig in my living room with my one sock on.  Go figure, I knit a sock I love madly and it's in the middle of friggin' summer *sigh*....the torture of it all.  The second sock is cast on already though it only has two rows of ribbing.  I didn't think you all needed to see a pic of 2 rounds of 1x1 ribbing...Not very exciting.   :~)   I'm heading to bed after I post this and make a quick update to ravelry.  If you aren't in ravelry or on the invite list, go put your name on it.  This site is awesome for organization and it keeps getting better and better.  Casey and Jessica rock!
I worked on my socks while watching Poseidon and Just Like Heaven....yeah I know, I know, I'm behind in the times on movies.   I watched Poseiden first, let me tell ya what, I don't think I want to be taking a cruise any time soon.   
All in all Poseidon was pretty good.  Plus who can pass up seeing Josh Lucas....Woooooo with a Capital "W"!  I loved him in Sweet Home Alabama....which if you haven't seen go put it in your netflix queue. 
If you don't mind the whole dead body thing.....there was a good amount of them, then Poseidon may be the movie for you.  The body count and graphics aren't as much as say Saving Private Ryan though.  It was only like 11pm when I finished Poseidon so I fixed a snack and watched Just Like Heaven.  I've had this movie for like a year now.  My sis gave it to me so I could watch it and I kept forgetting about it.  Now I can give it back.  It's a very cute movie and if you love chick flicks then this one is for you.  Now I should be able to go to bed with thoughts of happy endings instead of a sinking cruise ship.



Well damn now I'm becoming your guys movie critic.  Hey give me a shout if you have any movies that you love.  I'm always looking to add to my netflix list.  I'll watch just about any type of movie.  I love old western and war movies, any military related movie.  I have a tendency to like movies that a lot of people hate.  I thought Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle and Shaun of the Dead were friggin' hilarious.  See I told you I'll watch anything.  :~)   I still cry when I watch Fried Green Tomatoes and Steel Magnolias so I guess there may be hope for me yet.



Hope you all have a great day!   Happy Knitting!   



6 comments:

  1. Awesome sock. I have to go back in your posts and locate the pattern. So glad you had some quality knitting time. We watch a lot of movies, too. Hope today is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, okay! I've added Eleanor to my queue! :-) Looks great!
    My favorite movie that I never get tired of watching (even back to back) is The American President. I also love Dave, and I saw Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade at the theater 23 times! There haven't been any recent flicks that have really stuck with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear the cousin is awake.. sending good thoughts his way.
    The socks looks AWESOME! Really.
    And I hardley watch movies... I will just sit and enjoy the quiet after The Mayor gets to bed... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, your Eleanore is gorgeous and I really love the color. :)
    It's good to hear that your cousin's hubby is doing better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad Andy is doing better.
    I bawl like a baby every time I watch Steel Magnolias.

    ReplyDelete