Jun 26, 2007

Knitter in the Making

Kaity and I spent some time on knitting.  She's been wanting to learn how to knit and this afternoon we sat down for a lesson.  It went way better then I thought.  Damn kid is quick and had the knit stitch down in a few minutes.  Right now she's just working on her stitches.  Once she has that down I'll have her pick out some yarn and start her on an easy project. 



I give you "knitter #2" in the Luvs2Knit household...wonder if I can get Shawn to knit.   :~)



Dscn1028



Dscn1030



Dscn1031



Dscn1033





5 comments:

  1. WOW WEE! her knitting looks awesome!
    Big High Fives for Kaity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Kaity congratulations. Of course, you realize she is going to need her own stash. I think it's great. The younger they learn, the better. Another life-long knitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Kaity! Keep it up!!!
    I love how hard she's concentrating in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful stitching. I think you'll be sharing your stash shortly when Kaity decides she needs a scarf or two.
    Did you know back in the colonial times the children did the knitting for the family starting at around age 4? They weren't strong enough to really help out so they'd knit.

    ReplyDelete