Jun 13, 2007

Busy Wednesday

Boy was today fun.  Bree was fussy and went down for her nap several hours later then she normally does.  But she did go down for her nap long enough for me to attack the rest of the laundry that needed to be folded and knit a few more rows on Kaity's sundress.
I ordered the yarn for Kaity's Hip in Hemp skirt from Fuzzy Mabel.  I ordered the Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy.  You all will get to see it when it comes in...promise.  :~)



I also found a Knitting Pure & Simple pattern from my favorite ebay seller Oregon*Trail*Yarn to make a sweater for Bree using some of the Lorna's Laces Shepherd's worsted I have in my stash.  She's nice, ships fast, and she doesn't over charge for shipping.



I also have yarn coming in to make the Ribs and Lace Tank out of the Spring 07 Interweave Knits for my sis.  I decided to find a replacement for the yarn because it would have cost $42 to make it with the Karabella Zodiac.  I'm sure it's a nice yarn but it's a little out of my range right now.  While cruising for a suitable sub yarn for this pattern, I found some King Tut cotton at Little Knits for $5.50 a skein so I had her pick up the yarn need to make the tank and told her that I would toss her the money for it next payday....I doubt the yarn will still be there on the 1st of July.  She decided to pick up another color for me to use one another top for her.....this is the point where I've got a big smile on my face and I'm giggling like a school girl.  She got Silky Sky Blue #1143 and Velvety Pink #1086.  I'm using the King Tut for that baby halter top for Bree and I love it.  I think it will work great for the Ribs and Lace Tank.  So now I have all sorts of goodie boxes in the mail.....haven't seen a whole lot of boxes coming in here lately so this will be kinda nice.  :~) 



My mom ordered my b-day present so I should be seeing that soon....goodie! I also helped destash Susie by purchasing a few fiber related goodies that she was destashing.  I'll be trying my hand at spinning this weekend.  :~)



Alright, I'm done linking everything to death.  I'm off to knit on Kaity's sundress. 



So lacking knitting related pictures I leave you with a pic of Bree eating her strawberries.



Dscn0802






2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Sounds like you are back in the game! We both must have reached our breaking point at the same time. Dave is going to kill me but I have stuff coming, too. But, hey, he's in D.C. living large. I need a treat, too, right? Can't wait to see everything that arrives. Bree is such a doll!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice when stuff you knit for others doesn't come out of your budget. You get to enjoy the knitting on someone else's dime!

    ReplyDelete