Jun 6, 2007

I'm Back & Busy

***Warning: Picture laden post ahead.  Even though I've neglected my blog I can promise you all I have been busy.   :~)

My parents went home this morning.  We all wish the visit could have been a little longer, but we had a great time.  Next time my parents will come up in the summer and we are all going to go camping! 

First up is the finished front half of Kaity's sundress. 

Dscn0702


I've got about 3 inches done on the back half so far.  It shouldn't take me more then a few days to finish it up.  Kaity is really looking forward to wearing it.  If only it would warm back up.  It's going to be cold for the rest of the week.



Next up is Blake's blanket.



Dscn0705



I finished up row 3 and have started row 4.  I'm still undecided on if I'm going to knit all 9 rows.



Then I knit a little more on the second wrister.



Dscn0707



I put another inch and a half or so on it.  I have maybe another inch to go before putting the thumb gusset on a stitch holder and working on the top half.  :~)   I may just finish it yet.



Then there was a baby washrag made with Bernat's Cotton Tots which is really soft and nice to work with.  I think this would work up great for a sundress for Bree. 



Dscn0708



I've decided to keep the pattern super simple for the variegated yarns.  I'm using a seed stitch border and the rest of the cloth is stockinette.  This is actually baby washrag number two.  I made another one but sent it home with my mom without taking a pic....duh!  I made this one.  It's the letter "B" for Blake.



I've started another baby washrag:



Dscn0711



I don't know if this one will work all that well for a boy.....it's coming out kinda girly.  :~)  But my cousin is having a baby toward the end of the year so I may wait and see if she's going to have a boy or a girl....I'm not sure if her and hubby are going to find out early if the little one is a boy or a girl or if they are going to let it be a surprise.    :~)



Now I leave you with a pic of my cute but serious little shorty.   



Dscn0701




It's almost impossible to get a pic of Bree when she is smiling.  It's like she sees the camera and gets all serious. 



6 comments:

  1. Welcome back. So glad you had a nice time with your parents. Where did you find the time to do all that knitting? Your little one is so adorable. And I can't wait to see Kaity in her sundress. Missed you, Kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back after a nice visit with your parents. I imagine that your girls loved having Grandma & Grandpa visiting. And you still managed some knitting. Good for you! Your Blake Blankie is coming along nicely. I liked the idea of adding squares without sewing them together so went and purchased a copy of the pattern. My yarn however, came from a shop in Oregon while on vacation last week. Hope it goes as fast as yours has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! You got a ton knit with your parents visiting! Everything looks fab as usual.
    Now...
    Must.Kiss.Baby.
    the serious face is cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good visit with the 'rents. That pic of Bree is too cute - eyes as big as saucers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bree is looking very contemplative. Like she's trying to think of something to say. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All nice stuff. Love the sundress the best.
    My grandson Nate did the same thing everytime he saw a camera. Never smiled. Punk kid!

    ReplyDelete