Jun 25, 2007

SOS Socks

I am love, love, lovin' this pattern.  It has a 12 round repeat but it's super simple to memorize. 

Dsc03097


I put the last repeat on the cuff, worked the heel flap, and completed the gusset.  Now all I need to do is put a few more repeats on the foot and I'll be startin' the toe.  The only mod I've done to the pattern was to make a slip stitch heel instead of stockinette.  My heel is kinda on the skinny side so I've found that the stockinette heel has a tendency to stretch and bag. 



I just tried the sock on and it fits absolutely perfect and it's mine, all mine!

Well I'm off to snag some extra sleep tonight.  I want to get up before the girls do for a little extra knitting time.  I want to work on my socks so that I can work on the fingerless mitt in the afternoon.



3 comments:

  1. Holy crap Trish! Even when you're not posting - you're posting. Bloglines said you had 19 posts! Whew, I'm glad it was only 2 that I've missed. Great socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean after all the stuff you knit for everyone else, you finally get to make something for yourself? Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! You're really flying on that one. Nice shade of green. Great thing about knitting is, you don't have to follow the pattern blindly.

    ReplyDelete