Jun 7, 2007

Last Nights Knitting

Just a quick post to show you all what I worked on last night.

First up, the baby washrag:

Dscn0715


The washrag is just a plain stockinette stitch with a seed stitch border.  Does anyone think this is too girly for a baby boy's washrag?  I asked Shawn last night if he thought it was too girly and he told me "It's just a washrag that's going to clean up a dirty baby butt!"....I had to laugh at that.  He does have a point.  :~)



Then I started a grandma's favorite dishcloth.



Dscn0713



I'm using Peaches & Creme, color 175 Fiesta Ombre.  I love this color.  I may use this one to make some place mats for the kitchen table.



Is it just me or do most guys like plain sober colors.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just seems that the guys go for muted colors.  For example, I've been looking at yarns to make Shawn a sweater....he really wants a sweater, I have the pattern, so now I just need to get the yarn to make said sweater.  Shawn wants gray, black, dark blue, darker browns...see where I'm going with the colors.  :~)  So this has got me thinking about favorite colors.  Me I don't really have a favorite color, I kinda love all colors when they are used right.....with the exception of that bright florescent hunter orange.....Uggggg I haven't seen anything that looks good in or with that color. 



So my questions for you all is: "What's your favorite color/colors?"  "Are there any colors that you just can't stand?"  Gotta love the curiosity in me....though it has got me into trouble a few times.   :~)






1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    My favorite colors are pinks, teals/turquoises, & blues. I can't stand orange or purple. :-) If the purple has a lot of pink in it & no yellow or green, than I can sort of tolerate a little bit of it. I also don't like some greens, especially if they are on the yellow side. I do like greens with more blue in them, though (like forest greens, etc).

    ReplyDelete