Apr 12, 2007

Baby Hat Revisited

OK.....I'm back to the baby hat issue, which for me has been solved.  I wanted to make a hat that would fit a slightly older baby, say 6-9 months.  I found this post on the Yarn Harlots blog that really helped me put everything in perspective.  So going off my gauge of 8 sts per inch and my little midgets 17" head I need to cast on about 136 stitches instead of the 92 stitches I'm working with now.  The 92 stitch hat will fit a head about 11.5" around.  I think that's about preemie size.  So I'll be ripping it out and trying again with more CO stitches.  I'm going to wing the pattern.  If it turns out good I'll post the pattern out here for anyone else who may want to use it.
Well I'm off to feed the masses and all that other wonderful jazz.



1 comment:

  1. Hmmm - maybe I can get hats done for the twins shower gift after all!

    ReplyDelete