Apr 19, 2007

Updates, Babbling and Such

Just wanted to let everyone know that I didn't blow away yesterday.  The wind blew through here really bad until between midnight & 1 am.  At least the windows didn't rattle all night.  Today is gorgeous and sunny if not very warm.  It's only about 36 but we have high hopes to hit 52 and the sun is shinning nice and bright.
Last night I frogged several UFO's and rewound the yarn.  I'll be starting them again but for now they were just in the way.  I frogged the baby hat because I need to start it over again making it a wee bit bigged.  I frogged the 7 rows I had on the Civil War Shawl.  I'll make that one later but right now life is just in the way.  I'll probably start that one again after we move and get settled in.  I also frogged Baby Peanuts blanket....who is now Baby Blake.  :~)  I wasn't quite happy with the gauge so I will try again on needles one size bigger.  I'll be starting that one again here in the next week or so.  But that blanket is going to be a super fast knit and I may have enough yarn to make a hat and dare I say it.....Booties.  I'll be looking for a cute double point pattern.  I'm  not really thrilled with making the two needle ones though the pattern my mom had me attempt made a really cute bootie.
Did I tell you all that we are now suppose to here about our assignment selection on 27 April.  *sigh*  The military can never make up their minds what they want to do.  :~)  So it looks like we won't have to wait until mid-May to find out now.  Lets hope what they are saying is true. 



3 comments:

  1. Geez, that's a week from tomorrow! Nothing like moving things up a tad. I don't blame you for frogging projects that you don't absolutely love. I do it all the time. I think I have been bitten by the Chevron Scarf bug. We'll see. Windy as heck here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you didn't blow away. that would suck!
    I love unraveling ufos. Having too many around makes me feel like a failure. At least when it's in a ball I can put it back in the stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that's next week! yippie!
    and I love ripping UFO's too.. makes me feel lighter/less weighted down by obligation
    my crafting should always be fun!

    ReplyDelete