Apr 24, 2007

Tuesday

Dang, another day without a snappy title.  I'm losing my touch.  :~)
Last night I took a break and worked on another swatch for The Walker Treasury Project.  Its already been blocked so all I need to do now is get a lovely picture of it and post about it, which I'll do later today. 
So to sum it up last night, I finished one swatch and started another one.  This new one I started is a cable pattern using Shine worsted weight from Knit Picks.  OMG, this stuff is soooooooo soft.  I could see baby stuff being made out of this stuff.  The only drawback is that each ball only has 75 yards on it so at $2.49 it would start to add up.  Then again if you were making kids garments you wouldn't need a lot anyway.  I think it would be around $15 to make a sundress for Bree.  I haven't knit the Cotlin up yet but it is soft to the touch, not as soft as the Shine but definitely not like touching dishcloth cotton.

OMG, I forgot to share this with you all the other day.  I was out cruising ebay just to see what I could see, when I came across some Sweet Georgia sock yarn.  Now finding the yarn isn't much of surprise.  You'd expect to see it on ebay now.  What I didn't expect to see was one skein going for $53.99, two more skeins going for $42 a piece and one other skein that's only going for a measly $32.   Even at those selling prices there is no way in the world I'd sell my yarn even if I had some.  I'd keep it pet it and then knit it into socks.  :~)
I gave up long ago on the thought of ever getting any of the Sweet Georgia yarn.  I decided I was way to lazy to start calling yarn shops in hopes of them still having some in stock just to have to fight other people to get the yarn.  I'm just not going to fight over yarn....not worth the headache.  So I will wait till Felicia comes back from her well deserved vacation and enjoy some of the other brands of yarn that are out there.   But it's fun to see what others will pay for it out on ebay.  Is there a black market for discontinued yarn out there some where?  Some place other then ebay?  You see its goofy questions like that that keep me up at night thinking instead of sleeping.  :~)
I think I may take the plunge this payday and get two skeins of Socks That Rock.  Now I need to decide which two colors to get and decide on the lightweight or medium weight yarn.  Decisions, Decisions.



I think this afternoon I will attempt to get some more of my moms b-day gift knitted up.  I'm so close to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on this one.  I didn't work on it last night because I needed to concentrate and I just couldn't seem to.  :~)



2 comments:

  1. Geez, those Ebay prices are insane. I agree with you. I'll just wait until she gets back. I think I have enough to last me until them. You will love STR. You're right. The hard part is chosing th colors. Can't go wrong with any of them. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered some of the KP Cotlin, too - I think it might want to be a MDK hand towel. I haven't tried STR yet, but it's on "the list." :-)

    ReplyDelete