Apr 12, 2007

Monkey #1 is Done

Yippy!  WooHoo! Yeah!  Goodie!



Dsc02772Ok, with that said I can now post about the Monkey sock, who I managed not to kill.  I did threaten it with a pair of scissors.....don't believe me, my hubby will vouch for me.  :~) 
There is one small problem, the last pattern repeat was messed up.  I missed the last several rows, due to having to rip the stupid toe out.  Of course I don't see that I missed the last few repeats until after I get the toe grafted.  I study the sock, pass the sock to hubby and had him examine it, and asked for opinion.  His opinion: It looks good leave it if you can match the other sock to look the same.  You know what I think he may be right so that's what I'm going to do.  Hopefully my swap pal will like them even if they are missing a few rounds.  :~)



Well I'm off to get the other sock on the needles and a few rounds done before I head to bed.



5 comments:

  1. Yeah! One sock done. It looks great, missing rounds and all. No one will know, especially when you match the other sock to it. All you did was take the pattern and make it your own. I do like the color, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the time, people don't notice until it's pointed out something is wrong.
    They look great to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I agree with Knittech - the missing rounds won't be noticed. It's a "design feature" or "pattern modification."

    ReplyDelete
  4. hurray! yippie!
    Good for you! Now the monkey is half off your back.

    ReplyDelete