Apr 16, 2007

Monkey Socks

Dsc02784
Yippy, sock number two has a heel and gusset.  It's all down hill from here.  A few more inches to go on the foot and it will be the start of the toe.  I'm looking forward to getting my swap pals box in the mail.  I think she's really going to like these socks. 
Today is laundry day...fun, fun!  So this afternoon I'll be working on laundry and knitting on my Monkey socks.
Still no word on assignment orders yet.  Shawn's been checking the system at least 2-3 times a day.  A little obsessive but we want to know where we're going so we can start doing a little more planning.  Plus after 8 years on this base we are both a little anxious to go somewhere else.  We are really hoping for Montana.  One of our friends said he's been to Malmstrom AFB and it's beautiful up there.  To think I might see green and trees one of these days instead of dust and tumbleweeds.   :~)



5 comments:

  1. Wow. I had no idea you have been at Mt. Home for 8 years. You do deserve a change of scenery. Dave says Malmstrom is lovely. I think he had to do a survival school there a million years ago. You sound so much better today. I'm glad. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do get a great place to live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Montana? Hmmm, I'm thinking that you'll be out combing buffalo fibers off of the beasts and taking up spinning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oohh Buffalo fibers, yummy! I hope you hear soon. I hate wating!
    you are zooming through that sock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sock. And the end is near!

    ReplyDelete