Apr 16, 2007

Patterns, Patterns Everywhere

I'm taking a break from my regularly scheduled knitting to show you all the cutie patterns I picked up last week.


Dsc02788The two Plymouth patterns were purchase from The Naked Sheep....great little place to find patterns.  They offer free shipping in the US on all orders, which is awesome in my book, I love the free shipping.  :~) 
The sundress pattern is for Kaity and the cardi pattern is for Bree.  Plus we just found out a few weeks ago that my cousin and hubby are expecting their first little one toward the end of the year....squee, two babies to knit for.  Damn I need to save up some money for more yarn.  Oh more yarn purchases.....Expand your stash, I'm stickin' with it.  Anyone use any of the Debbie Bliss yarns?  I know they are a tad pricey but are they worth the extra money?

These patterns were bought from an ebay seller Oregon Trail Yarn.Dsc02789
 



This isn't my first purchase from her.  Go check her out.  She's an excellent seller and she has some great items at good prices.  I bought that little jumper patter on the end for Bree, which is 1T-4T so it'll be good for a bit.  The hoodie sweater in the middle will be good for both the girls because it runs from 2T clear through ages 10-12.  Then the pattern on the left hand side is for my hubby.  Yup I'm going to make my man a sweater.  Since I have a ring on my finger I don't have to worry about the sweater curse.  :~)   It's just a simple Henley but it has Shawn written all over it.  He doesn't quite get the $20-30 socks but he rolls with it.  I thought I'd make a sweater for him to show him how much I appreciate the fact that he puts up with my obsession.  He's been hinting about wanting a sweater so I'd better make him one.  :~)
I should be seeing the yarn I purchased for some of these things here this week too.   I bought the yarn for the sundress from Discontinued Name Brand Yarns.  I think I've seen them selling stuff out on ebay too but can't remember the seller name they go by.   They said my order shipped UPS so I should be seeing that soon.  The yarn was $1.99 a ball there instead of $4.99....can't beat that.  Plus they gave me a pattern free with each color of yarn I bought so I have 2 other patterns I wanted coming in.  :~)  I also bought some of the Cotlin yarn from Knit Picks.  I'm going to see how it feels and if it works and feels good I'm going to use it to make the little Jumper for Bree.  I'll share everything when it comes in. 
Well I'm outta here ya'll!  I'm back to my regularly scheduled knitting.



3 comments:

  1. Me, again. I love Debbie Bliss yarns and patterns for babies and little ones. Pricey, for sure. But I always make baby afghans out of acrylic (gasp!) so that it can be tossed in the machine and dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! Now that is ambitious! I've done 2 sweater sets, 1 shell and the sweater I am working on now. Otherwise it is socks and dishcloths! Oops, forgot, I did cast on last night another sweater for my daugther since I was stuck on my sweater! LOL. Keep us posted on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The patterns look great. Some fun knitting ahead!
    2 babies to knit for? That's great! baby stuff is just so fun and quick!
    LMK what you think of the Knitpicks cotlin. I'm using you as my official reviewer!

    ReplyDelete