Apr 26, 2007

Knitting & Movies

I decided to watch a movie and knit today since I was up late with Bree....who decided that she didn't need to go to bed till 1 am. 
The next move on my list was The Guardian since Shawn wants to watch The Break Up.  He has until the end of this weekend then I'm watching and sending it back to Netflix.   
I'll argue with anyone who tries to tell me that serving in the Coast Guard isn't really being in the military.  Just because they don't have guns and bombs doesn't mean that they aren't a valid branch of the US Military.  I think they deserve to be recognized but a lot of people never give them a thought unless they need help from the Coast Guard.   The ones I give major props to are the members serving in Alaska who risk their lives to help fisherman in trouble out on the Bering Seas. 
Sorry bout that.....I'm getting off my soapbox now.  :~)  It's just one of the things that aggravates me to know end, when I here someone say that the Coast Gaurd isn't part of the "Real Military".
I'm a sucker for military movies.  Don't ask why but I love the movie Navy Seals.  I've watched Band of Brothers several times now.  I'm not sure what draws me to the movie but I love it. 
I'm also sucker for Kevin Costner then throw in Ashton Kutcher and oh boy you've gotta movie I'm going to rent.  Lucky for me it turned out to be an great movie.  I started with my Moms gift and after many mistakes and 2 rounds of progress in one hour I gave up and put it away.  :~)  I swapped to plain stockinette socks and all was well in my movie watching and knitting worlds.



3 comments:

  1. We love the same kind of movies-anything military. Same with books. Do you know how many times we have watched The Hunt for Red October? WWII movies, too. I think my all-time favorite is Memphis Belle. Also Flight of the Intruder. Oh, I could go on forever. We love Memorial Day weekend when all the movie channels run military movies. We're in front of the tube for the whole weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the Guardian and it was ok. Just finished watching Babel. Gotta love netflix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We started watching "The Break Up" on Pay per View, and didn't make it 30 minutes. Very disappointing - we just deleted it.
    Thank you for your service! The Coast Guard is definitely real military.

    ReplyDelete