Apr 14, 2007

Privacy

Ok, I know this may sound crazy but I feel like my privacy has been violated in a way.  I say it's crazy because this is a blog and anyone who wants to can read and browse through it.   But it's my little section of the net to bitch, gripe, and complain about whatever I want.  Not to mention share my knitting and my life with all my friends who I would never have met if I hadn't started this blog.   I Love You All!  Even my lurkers, I know you're there even if you don't comment a lot and I appreciate that you all stick around through complaining and crazy rants.   It's great to be surrounded by people who get you and understand what you are going through, babies who won't sleep, yarn addictions, stalking yarn shops, bad days, knitting projects gone bad, etc.
Why do I feel my privacy has been violated.  Well where do I start.
A well meaning person decided to give my blog address to someone in my family.  Now this person has apologized for this.  It's partially my fault because I should have told this person that I didn't want my whole friggin' family reading my blog.  If you have crazy, annoy, irritating people in your family you will probably understand where I'm coming from, hell you may see where I'm coming from anyway.  Family have my phone number and email address, the blog was mine.....well it was anyway.  I'm going to say myself and the person who shared my address are both 50/50 to blame.....share and share alike.   There's always enough blame to go around.
So now I have my blog where I've always felt free to say what I wanted and do what I like and now I no longer feel that I can do that.  I feel like some of my freedom has been taken away.  How can I be free when I have a bunch of family members looking on at everything I do?  Because I know it won't stop at the one person, it will spread and before I know it everyone in my family will be annoying me through my blog.  If I wanted that I would have created a stupid MySpace account.  :~) 
I see my blog as a creative outlet.  Shakespeare I am not, but it gives me a way to get through the great things and the frustrating things in my life.  Do you all think I'm crazy?  Do I have basis for feeling like my privacy has been violated?  Maybe I am crazy, after almost 29 years in my family it's a wonder I'm not insane.  :~)   Not to say my family is bad, they are the typical annoying, but loving family and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. 
Shit see there I go already lying because I never know which family member is reading this.

Note:  I just finished re-reading this post and am proud of myself for keeping the cussing down to a minimum.  I came up with a few creative ones tonight.  :~)   I think I may be able to make a few of the crew chiefs blush with my creativeness and they are a hard group to embarrass. 
For those of you who don't know military stuff all that well, a crew chief is another name for a jet mechanic.  The crew chiefs keep our jets flight right which in turn helps keep the pilots safe.  They are a very rowdy bunch of people......crew chiefs are their own breed of people.  You'd have to know one to know what I'm talking about.  :~)  Needless to say they are interesting and to think my sis is seriously involved with one....he's a great guy though.  :~)



6 comments:

  1. Bummer! I haven't told my family or workmates i ahve a blog for very similar reasons to you. Sorry this happened. Hopefully they will lose interest and not check in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand about crazy families. Maybe you could set up a phantom blog for the other stuff and just keep this one to knitting (you know, like some companies have TWO sets of books!) - if they're not knitters, maybe they'll get bored like Kellie said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crap. I know exactly how you feel. My Mom found out about my blog after 1 year and she has her entire workplace checking it out! Arruuggh!
    I've changed lots of "wordings" since this, but mostly she just goes for the pics so I've been lucky. so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ekk, I'm sorry that this happened. I can really understand where you're coming from. You shouldn't feel like you have to censor yourself because this is your blog and your place to let it all out.
    side note: does typepad provide and option for you to mark certain entries/posts as private and only people who know the password can read it? That way if you have something not so fab to say about people in your life you can still share it with us cyber-pals. and no one will be the wiser... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny 'cause I finally told my sisters and my best friend about my blog but now I may be regretting that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have irritating relatives also. But I still would not rant about them on a public blog site, just in case. You never know who's reading it. It can and will cause bad feelings. I hope you can get past this.

    ReplyDelete