Apr 18, 2007

Windy Wednesday

Oh boy, today the wind has been ripping through here so bad the windows have been rattling and the rain sounds like little BB's hitting when it smacks the windows.  It's still blowing really bad and it looks like there is no end in site.
I mailed off my Monkey Sock Swap Pals box so hopefully she will get it by Sat.  Priority Mail normally moves pretty quick.  I also found out that my box is in the mail to me....Goody goody.  I can't wait for it to come in.  :~)  I love goodie boxes.
  Rebecca is taking sign ups for round two of the Monkey Sock Swap if anyone is interested you can go out to the site to find out more info.
Last night I put a few rows on another swatch for the Walker Treasury Project and put a few more rounds on my CTH plain jane socks.
This morning I managed to get the cuff finished on Kaity's second stripe sock and this afternoon I knit, then frogged, then knit, then frogged, then knit and finally frogged on my mom's b-day gift.  I finally gave up till later tonight when I have more peace and quiet.  I'm going to concentrate on turning this one into an FO and getting the second sock finished for my sis.  Shawn has to kick butt on homework tonight so things will be quiet here in the house.  :~)
My sis called to let me know that she got the Raspberry Monkey sock I sent her in the mail and that it's a little snug going on but it feels great on her foot so I'm just going to make the other one for her.  The twisted rib cuff is what's snug when she puts it on but the rest is great.  I like the twisted rib but the 2x2 rib is stretcher.  I may try knitting the twisted rib on needles one size bigger and then swap back to the normal needle size with sock number two.
I missed Sheri's sneak up of sock yarn today.  Well I didn't miss it but I also couldn't buy any so that's kinda like missing it.  She had some Chewy Spaghetti and Yarn Love that I would have liked plus I can alway go for more Apple Laine.  I could have so easily bought like $70 worth of sock yarn, but I didn't.  :~)  Maybe next time.  There's always a next time.  Plus I have my first installment of the Loopy Ewe sock club that will be going out here in the next few weeks.  Goodie Goodie!
Well I'm off to go get the kiddos in bed, find a snack, and see if I can keep my sanity and not frog the darn gift knit for a fourth time today. 



2 comments:

  1. Busy, busy! We're getting the wind and snow right now. Yesterday 70, now 38. Welcome to the mountains. I passed on Sheri's sneak up, too. I'm eyeballing some new Socks That Rock colorways. Has Sheri started the sock club yet? I pre-registered but haven't heard a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed Sheri's sneak up, too, and I even had some really pretty stuff in my cart - I went to church, came back, and it was out of stock. Oh, well - I'm trying to refrain from adding too much to the stash right now!

    ReplyDelete