Apr 29, 2007

Wrister & Socks

Last night actually finished the first wrister and cast on for the second one.  I put a few rows on the second wrister and then swapped over to my CTH socks.  My goal was to get the wrister finished and get the heel flap finished on the second sock.  I came so close to that goal.  I've got about 6 rows left on the heel flap.  :~)   I'll finish up the heel flap, turn, and get the gusset started this afternoon.

Dsc02881



Now that I know the basic concept of how to make fingerless mitts later this year I'm going to work on some using some of my Cider Moon yarn.  I'll just wing it and make up my own pattern as I go.  With good enough notes I'll be able to make a second one that looks the same as the first.  The Cider Moon Glacier will make some fab warm mitts for this winter.  :~)



I'm reserving Monday afternoon to work on my moms gift.  I need concentration and quiet which is something I don't get on the weekends when everyone is home all day long.  :~)
If all goes well I'll have another FO to report on here by next weekend....maybe more then one.  :~)



4 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE that colorway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I love wristers and wear them all the time (sometimes even to bed!) In fact, I just lost one of my favorite blue alpaca wristers.... darn guess I'll have to make some more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris (Monkey Sock Pal)Apr 30, 2007, 12:02:00 AM

    Hi Trish! Nice wristlets! Although the Monkey Swap has finished, I read your blog daily! You're a great blogger! Have a great week, and Happy Knitting to you. Now, no more freaking about the upcoming move! :) Kris

    ReplyDelete