Apr 2, 2007

Quick Update, Then Bed

Here's what I did tonight. I worked up the first swatch for the Walker Treasury Project. It's the Double Basket pattern from the first book. I've got to block it tomorrow and try to get a good picture in natural light. I think the next swatch will be one of the cable patterns I picked. I've got 8 other patterns that I'm going to knit up.

No sock knitting tonight. I'm going to work on my sock tomorrow while I'm riding the bike. I know I say tomorrow when it's really later today, but I haven't gone to bed yet so I'm still in yesterday. OK did that make sense to you all or was that the ravings of a mad lunatic?
Most of you have wondered who I manage to get anything done. Well here's my secret.....I can function pretty good as long as I get at least 5-6 hours of sleep. If I hop into bed around 2 am I'll get about 6 hours of sleep. :~)
I'm a night owl so I've had to learn how to live without 8 hours or more of sleep top that off with having to deal with a baby waking in the middle of the night to eat.....you get use to it or at least I did. :~)
I'm trying very hard to resist the lure of the Loopy Ewe right now. I've got over $50 in my shopping cart.....lol. Hey what's a girl to do when she gets an email saying her account has been credited $5.....lol. I want some Louet Gems so I can start my Gothic Spire socks. I've heard great things about Louet so I'm wanting some plus I have 3 of Cookies patterns that are saying "Knit Me Woman, Knit Me Now!!!!" and of course all my yarns here are handpaint varigated or stripey which are no good for knitting up those type of patterns. Thus the call of the Loopy Ewe.
I've managed to snag all the Monkey and knitting goodies for my swap partners box, now I just need to get some food and drink goodies next payday and get the darn socks knitted up. I'm waiting on the needles I ordered from Knit Picks......we all know how slow the shipping is but I'm toooooo cheap to pay the extra $10 to expedite the shipping. Can't complain too much when you only pay $3.79 for shipping. What I ordered would have fit into a $8.10 flat rate priority mail box and I would have had the stuff by now. Fedex is saying Friday now instead of Saturday so that's good. My stuffs just sitting in Denver and has been for several days now.....wonder if they'd let me go down there and get it. Of course by the time I got done paying for the gas I might as well have paid the $10 to expedite the shipping.
Gas prices are back up again. We're at about $2.60 - $2.70 here. What are you paying for gas per gallon? I can only imagine what it will be when we go on vacation in June *sigh*! I don't want to peddle a bike 350 + miles to my granny's house.....lol.

Labels: , , ,



No comments:

Post a Comment