Apr 11, 2007

Baby Hat

Dsc02768I decided to take a break from the stupid Monkey socks I'd love to kill.  Tonight I knit on a baby hat.  This hat is for the Loopy Ewe Quarter 2 Challenge.  I'm using the Online sock yarn that Sheri sent to me for the challenge....I posted a pic of it with the Louet Gems I ordered.

Now my problem is, I'm not sure if it's big enough.  I have zero experience making baby hats.  This hat is about 5" wide unstretched and it will stretch out to about 7.5".  These measurements are straight across the hat not the actual circumference.  Anyone have an opinion on if the hat will be good.

I guess I should test it on my little midgets fat head.  Bree's head has always been on the big side so if it fits her I should be good to go.  Chance are I can get more them one hat out of this ball of yarn.  I may keep this small one and then cast on more stitches for the next one.  I'm not going to be heartbroken if I have to sent it to the frog pond.  I'd rather knit a hat that is usable then one that's going to be way to small.



5 comments:

  1. Love the colorway. What yarn is it? I have to look closer at this quarterly challenge. Didn't pay much attention when it was first posted. Looks good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a baby hat, it will fit SOME baby! ACtually t hat is a good size for a newborn so you are on the right track.
    I think its a good idea to take a break from the socks too. you just need some distance! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure, but there are hat patterns that you can "measure" compare to see if you're close. Use google to find them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's the name - every time I read "Monkey Socks" I have nightmare flashbacks to "The Wizard of Oz!" Monkeys scare me!
    I'm of no help on the baby hat - I once made booties that would fit a 4-year old!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That yarn is gorgeous for the baby hat, and I'm thinking about what a pair of socks it would make. Did I miss the post about what kind of yarn it is? Sorry I can't answer your question on size. I've never knitted a baby hat.

    ReplyDelete