Mar 30, 2007

Decision Made

I sat there and stared at the sock for what seems like forever but I couldn't bring myself to rip out the sock. So I've made a command decision, the sock is staying the way it is and it will be sent to my sis who will give it a loving home regardless of it's goofed up yarn overs. I'm going to send the sock down to her as soon as she gives me a mailing addy. She's down in Texas right now and they are moving from the crappy hotel they are in to a new hotel here in a few days and she'll have a mailing address there.....Yippy! They were all put up in a hotel that charges for local calls, has no internet service, tv's that have had the RCA inputs removed so they can't play their video games systems and to make it crappy the hotel has no washers and dryers to use. They are going to be in Texas for the next 2 months so it's important to have all the creature comforts in life. Hell she had better accommodations when she was in Iraq last year. So they are moving to a hotel that has kitchen suites and washers and dryers and all the extra good stuff and the funny thing is the price of the room is still $50....this is of course at a government discount. But I digress, she'll try on the sock to make sure it fits and then I'll make the mate for it. :~)
Now I need to wander through my stash to see if I have anything suitable to start another pair. I hope I do since I really don't feel like waiting for more yarn in the mail.
Now that my night is considerably brighter I can get myself a snack and find some yarn for some new Monkey socks.
Thanks everyone for your kind words and cheering me on in my moment of sockly need. I'm off to wade through sock yarn....Yum!

Labels: ,



No comments:

Post a Comment