Mar 16, 2007

Done!!!!

My Martha socks are done with plenty of time to spare. Hopefully my Fearless Fiber order will come in so I can get to making my Monkey Sock Swap pal his/her socks. I'm hoping that the yarn I ordered will work well for the Monkey sock pattern.

So here's my Martha socks in all their glory.



On the sock blockers I just purchased....I'm damn proud of these. Shawn watched me do the happy dance this morning when I slipped on the Martha sock I finished the other day and it fit beautifully. He thinks I'm a little off my rockers but that's OK I love him anyway. :~)

Sock Statistics:
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill in the Tropical Storm colorway
Yardage: 420 yds
Needles: US 1 Knit Picks metal DPN's
Pattern: Parallel Socks by Wildhorse Designs
Size of Sock: 6" cuff, 3" heel flap, 10" long foot
Pattern Adjustments: I made the cuff shorter and I didn't carry the pattern down the foot.

Another note on these socks: I didn't knit to gauge on these socks which was 8 sts per inch. If I would have knit to gauge which is tough for me, I probably would have used the medium size for the pattern and I probably could have carried the pattern clear down the foot. I like a nice tight gauge so I went up in the pattern size and my gauge was about 10 sts per inch.

This is the yarn that I had left over. It's not a very large amount. :~) It's a good thing I made the cuffs 6" instead of 7.5" and I didn't carry the pattern down the leg.....I know for sure I would have ran out of yarn. Now if I would have made these for my sis I could have carried the pattern down the foot and everything. She has a skinny little size US 8.5 foot.


Finally a pic of the socks on my tootsies.....oh these are going to be my new favs. Of course this is only my second pair of socks for myself. Hey and you all get to see very small part of my Tony the Tiger PJ pants....lol. Actually tried to get a pair of Lucky Charm pants that had Lucky on them and it say "Their Magically Delicious", but alas Wally World did not have a big enough size. The things that entertain me. Even I have to shake my head at myself from time to time. The scary part is when I start talking to myself and I answer my own questions. Wonder how much longer it'll be before Shawn has me committed? :~)


Some time tomorrow I'm going to try to get a shot of my socks outside in some natural light and get them uploaded to the photo gallery out at Sheri's site.
I'd better get my butt to bed. We promised Kaity a trip to Boise so she can spend her B-Day money at Build-A-Bear. She has her eye on a Hello Kitty stuff animal and an outfit. Plus she's jazzed because we promised her we'd go eat out somewhere that she likes, she's pushing for Red Lobster. Yes, my 6 year old loves seafood. She also loves fish but doesn't like Spaghetti-O's and Ravioli's and she'll eat salad as long as we don't make her eat the carrots or onions....lol. I'm not going to complain too much. I'd have to say that's pretty good eating for a 6 year old.

Labels: , ,



No comments:

Post a Comment