Mar 14, 2007

More Stuff

The mailman was kind enough to drop the following books of on my doorstep this morning.

-- One Skein Wonders
-- Mason Dixon Knitting
-- 100 Knitting Projects
-- Knitting Sweaters from the Top Down
-- The Yarn Girls Guide to the Basics

I joined one of those crafters book clubs. Yup I allowed myself to be sucked into another book club. I guess I couldn't resist getting $100 worth of books for $25. So if there's a book I don't like it's not to much of a loss plus I can always sell it through DeStash or ebay.
Now I've only had time to browse through the book but I'm pretty impressed with Mason Dixon Knitting, which I've already heard a lot of good things about. I also like a lot of the projects out of 100 Knitting Projects. One Skein Wonders isn't to bad either. Knitting Sweaters from the Top Down has a few cute sweaters in it but it also has some really tacky ones. :~) There are some cute projects in The Yarn Girls Guide to the Basics but yuck they had to waste space on Poncho's. Sorry if I offend anyone who loves Poncho's. I'm not against anyone wearing them but you will never catch me in one....hate them!

I joined the Walker Treasury Project the other day and when I get back from vacation I'm going to start knitting some swatches from my book. If anyone is has the books or can get their hands on one at the library and is interested in knitting swatches you can go out to the website and sign up. They have all the info you need out at their site.

I'm off to feed Kaity so I can get her off to school and put Bree down for a nap. I was going to take Bree to the hospital to be weighed in but I don't know if she'll make it much longer before she falls asleep. She's mega crabby right now.

Labels: ,



No comments:

Post a Comment