Mar 29, 2007

Yarn in the Mail....Yippy!

My wonderful mailman brought me these yarns to brighten my tired self. I bought the 4 skeins of Knit Picks Shimmer lace yarn from Karen. It's the Grape Hyacinth colorway.....very pretty. The other yarn is a Potluck dye from Heather of All Things Heather.....pretty, pretty. This was a nice surprise after only getting a few hours of sleep last night. :~)
Next week I'll be able to enjoy my other orders that I made this morning. It's almost like Christmas when the packages come in. It's funny because even Kaity and Shawn gather around watching me open up the packages to check out what has come in.

It has occurred to me that I haven't posted about some of the other yarns that came in. Bad blogger, bad blogger! This is the yarn that came in during the great family sickness of 2007. In the back of the picture is some Knit Picks Wool of the Andes yarn. I picked it up to use for swatching for the Barbara Walker Treasury Project. Shawn's already claimed the Lake Ice Heather color....it's the one in between the green and light blue yarn. He's claimed it so I can make him and ipod case. I'll have to sit down and work on that one in the next few days. I can't believe he wants me to make him a case.....lol. I know he wants a sweater but I told him I need to make some smaller sweaters before I tackle one for him. :~)
The two hanks on the left are the Bart & Louise in the Garden colorway from Zen String that purchase at the Loopy Ewe. Then there are the two skeins of Opal yarn that I purchased from eBay seller *silkandmore*. She's a fabulous seller. I contacted her about not receiving the yarn that I purchased and she dropped 2 new skeins in the mail the very next day. It had been over 3 weeks and the stuff was sent out airmail. We both figured that the first box was lost somewhere between Germany and the US. The Opal next to the Zen String is the Hagebutte, which is one of Opal's handdyed limited yarns.....yes it really is that vibrant. It's very gorgeous. The other Opal is called Rainbow. The colors are a little washed out in the pic. I bought it because Kaity liked it. :~)

Labels: ,



No comments:

Post a Comment