Mar 9, 2007

Martha #1 is Done


Yippy. It's done. I'm doing my happy dance. Oh man does this sock feel oh so good on my tootsies. I think it's a good thing that I have changed some things in this pattern. The first thing I did was make the cuff about 6" instead of the 7.5" that was called for in the pattern. The second thing was to not work the pattern across the instep on the foot. It all worked out great for me and the sock fits great. I love hand knit socks, they fit perfectly! Now if only I could knit a little faster.
I think if I would have followed the pattern I would have ran out of yarn while working the second sock. I've weighted both the sock and the leftover yarn and the leftover yarn weights 1/8 of an ounce more then the sock does. I'll have to see how much yardage I have leftover after I get done with the second sock. Since the ball of yarn weighs more then the sock I should have more then enough to get the second sock done.
Well I'm off to go cast on the second sock. I want these bad boys finished so I can wear them.....lol. It's still cold enough to wear them....we're in the 50's still. :~)

Labels: ,



No comments:

Post a Comment