May 16, 2007

Atom & RSS Feed Issues

Alrighty everyone.  I think I've figured out what the problem was with my feed.  Apparently the code that was used to insert photo's on my blog was causing some readers to not pick up the feed properly.  It all has to do with how high the security is on the reader you are using.  Apparently Google and Bloglines security settings are on the higher side.  I understand why the settings are high, these readers are trying to protect their users which I for one support wholeheartedly.

Now that I know it's what's causing the problem I can fix it before I post.  All I need to do is wipe out a little bit of the code that causes the picture to pop up in another window.  So now if you click on a photo it will open up in the same browser window.  Unless I can figure around that without causing a whole lot of work for me, unless you all like it opening in the same window.  Let me know what you think.  Do you prefer that links and pictures open in another window or tab?  Or Do you prefer that the links and pictures open up in the same window or tab? 

Let me know if this helps or not.  I think that is what it causing the problems.  I've ran my feed through Feed Validator and everything is checking out perfectly for both Atom and RSS.



2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm - my reader still isn't updating until I click on your link. It just started doing this a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if there's some random gremlin code in an earlier post that is causing the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great detective work! I'll keep my eye on you and see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete