May 13, 2007

Yarn Choices

Here's the pic of the four yarns I have that would possibly be manly enough to make socks for Shawn.

Dsc02967


From left to right: Opal Masterpiece #3701, Opal Masterpiece #3706, Opal Mosaik #1114, & Fortissima #9094

I'd love to here opinions on what you all would think about manly sock yarn.  This is where I would make an exception to my yarn diet, to buy some to make socks for Shawn since most of my yarn is stuff I know he wouldn't wear.  Yardage isn't much of an issue since Shawn likes ankle socks.



5 comments:

  1. Either one of the two middle ones would work although it would depend on whether he likes darker colors or not. Just finished a pair of Horcrux sox for DH in KP Memories Cape Cod colorway and they are very manly. He loves them. But Cape Cod is darker colors w/occasional tan stripe. It looked somewhat preppy at first, but worked up really nice.
    He'll also probably like anything you make, because YOU made it. Good luck with making a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhmmm I think the Opal Mosaic or Fortissima for a man's socks.
    Hey, if you want, I can take pics of what I have for manley socks and we could trade!? That way you don't go off your yarn diet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote is for the Mosaik :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby is wonderful and would wear any of those colors. The two in the middle knit up "manly".

    ReplyDelete