May 30, 2007

Opinion Time & A Contest

OK, I'm wanting opinions on the sock.  I can't decide if I want to continue in the pattern I'm working on or find something else.  I think the yarn color repeats are too short to be used with this pattern.  I'm wondering if maybe the Sunrise yarn would like to become Monkey.  Feel free to leave me a comment saying what you would do.  You know I value all of your comments.   :~)



Shoot, why don't we turn this into a contest....everyone else is having them.  Might as well join the party.  The contest will be for enough yarn to make one pair of socks.....my choice of yarn.  I'll work out the details with the winner.....we'll make it fair.



Rules:



-- Leave me a comment telling me what you would do with this sock...keep going in the same pattern or frog it and pick a different pattern. 



-- I'm only going to count the comments in this post.  So if you leave your answer in another post on my blog it will not be counted.



-- You have until Sat at 11:59 pm MST to make your comment.  Any comments made after this time will not count.



-- One name will be drawn via random number generator on Sunday afternoon.



-- I'll post the winner on my blog.



OK I think that pretty much covers everything.






The first shot of the sock:

Dscn0681





Here's another shot:





Dscn0682



The color is gorgeous and a little softer then in the photo.....so give me your opinion on what you would do "keep going" or "frog it" and you could win some yarn.   :~)



17 comments:

  1. Hmm for some reason the way the colorway is, you really can't see the pattern. But it is all about how you feel. If you are liking how the flow is, I'd stick with them since you've done quite a bit, but if you're hating it, frog away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd leave it and keep on going. I think it is lovely the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd frog it. But then, I'm very picky about lace and colors. Do what feels right for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd frog 'em. It's really hard to see the pattern showing up with that colorway. I wonder how Jaywalkers would work with the short color repeats?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a bit lazy, so if I were knitting them, as the colourway is so beautiful, I would probably frog them and knit a simple stockinette sock and let the colour shine alone.
    The patterns does not detract from the beauty of the yarn, it simply gets obscured, in my opinion, but at least it is not negative, so if the pattern is easy you may wish to keep going in it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frog them and do a vanilla sock because the lace is hard to see. Someone else suggested Jaywalkers, they might work, since they don't have the open work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd go with Monkey or Jaywalkers if you want a pattern but still see the colors.
    Its hard to do lace with a varigated yarn.. the yarn has to be very subtle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frog it. Maybe a nice ribbed pattern? Colours are gorgous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd frog it. I had the same problem a couple days ago with Cider Moon Glacier yarn in the Stirfry color. I frogged it and switched to Seed Stitch Ribbing from More Sensational Knitted Socks and I was much happier. The ribbing shows without detracting from the beautiful colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Difficult decision . . . this pattern does look good in a varigated yarn, but it seems to be pooling or something. You culd change needle size to possibly fix it, but for the sake of the contest, I would frog them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kind of like the way it's pooling, but the lace pattern seems to be getting lost. I'd probably frog them and knit something simple.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep it. I like how the colors are swirling one way and the lace is swirling another way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful yarn, and I'm not even much of a 'pink' person! I think the pattern is too much work to have it get lost in the color of the yarn. Personally, I would frog it and make a plain vanilla sock or something with broad areas of knits and purls, not lace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it as it is--beautiful colorway. If do you decide to rip it, I would go to a plain stockinette, to show off the colorway.
    That's cool that you are moving to Great Falls, MT. My brother served in the Air Force, years ago, both at Mountain Home, ID & at Great Falls. He loved both areas, & got into hunting & fishing in both places. At least you aren't moving very far away, in the great scheme of things! Enjoy it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think I would frog it. The lace/color don't work quite right. Maybe try Go with the Flow socks from 25 favorite sock by interweave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This yarn definately looks better as the Monkey sock! I agree that the pattern is much "stronger". It doesn't get lost. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like it as a monkey sock. The colors of the yarn are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete