May 12, 2007

Sock 1 is Done!

Sock number one is done.....for the second time.  This time the sock fits great.  :~)

Dsc02956


I finished up the 1st sock and started the 2nd sock.  There's only about 1" done so 3" to go before the heel flap.  It shouldn't take to long to get there.





Added in after posting:



I couldn't sleep after I posted about sock number one so I decided to keep working on sock #2.   Plus I was watching a show on the sinking of the Lusitania that I recorded earlier on the Discovery channel....pretty interesting.



Dsc02958



I managed to get another 2" done, so I have about an inch before the heel flap.  Magic Loop seems to be my speedy sock knitting tool.  Somehow the lack of needles seems to speed me up.  I think when this sock is done I'm going to cast on a pair for Bree.  I haven't made any for her lately. 



I've also been tossing around starting a pair of socks for Shawn for Father's Day.....this was Kaity's idea.  She came to me asking if I would make Daddy a pair of socks for fathers day.  :~)   She feels that Daddy needs a pair of hand knit socks.  I think I have a few skeins that will be manly enough for Daddy socks.  You all have seen the yarn I've bought lately....not very manly.  :~)  I have a few skeins of Opal Masterpiece and some Fortissima in blue and white.  I'll snap some pics here in the next day or two and see what you all think.  I'll need to get those socks started soon if I want to have them done by Fathers Day.  I'll only be able to knit on them when Shawn isn't here.  Thankfully Shawn doesn't have sasquatch feet and the major bonus is he likes ankle socks so they will be quick knits.  :~)



Happy Mother's Day to Everyone.  Tomorrow will be busy for me, laundry and cleaning still have to be done.  :~)





3 comments:

  1. Very cute socks! So many peoples blogs I've visited lately have brand new knitted socks on display. Maybe one day I'll try making them too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful Mother's Day. The sock looks great, and Kaity's idea is a good one. I've thought about making socks for D&P, but they only wear cotton. You know how much I love to knit with cotton. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to try magic loop one of these days - I like dpns, but I like speed, too!
    Hmmm, so you don't think Shawn would look good in Peppermint Mocha socks? :-)
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete