May 25, 2007

Big Kids & A Sundress

Here's what I knit on last night.  7 and half inches of the front part of Kaity's sundress. 

Dscn0661


One of those little 50g balls of the Plymouth Bella Colour seems to go on and on and on.  I was beginning to think it was a never ending ball of yarn.  The Bella Colour isn't too bad to knit with.   I can't find a rhyme or reason behind the striping so I'm not going to drive myself crazy trying to make the front and back match. I'm just going to attach the new ball and knit away.  Kaity will love it no matter what it looks like because it was made by me for her.  :~)   I love that!   

Kaity's Kindergarten graduation was yesterday afternoon, as many of you know.  The ceremony was good and my baby is now a big kid.  I was a tad sad yesterday, though I did manage to make it through the ceremony without crying my eyes out.  I did have a little bit of cry when I got home and did a little comfort knitting.  I swatched for Kaity's sundress and then took a nap.  :~)  Yesterday was a long day.  Between Kaity's graduation, the stress of having to find a home for one of our animals...long story for another post later on, and finding out that my sis isn't going to be home for another month, I was in dire need of a nap.  Now my sis is in Houston so I have no stress there.  :~)  We can text and talk on the phone all we want. 

So now Kaity is a 1st grader.  We've decided that Skitz kitty will be the easiest to find a good home for.  And my sis will be home in time to watch Harry Potter so all is well.  My mom and I will go see Pirates of the Caribbean when she gets up here.  I know it's probably weird of me but it isn't going to be the same with out my sis...nothing against my mom.  We started watching the Pirate's movies when they came out and have went to each one religiously.  I was 9 months pregnant when we went to see the second one together with my mom.  I made it through the whole movie without getting up once....you know how hard it is to be 9 months pregnant and sit through 2 hrs and 30 mins worth of movie.  I think Bree was napping at that time instead of doing her normal kick boxing routine!   :~)  Mom and I will have to take a pic of Pollie with us when we go to watch the movie so she can be there with us.....I know, I know....I'm insane....lol.

And now I leave you all with a pic of the big girl playing on the playground after her graduation. 

Dscn0645



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Kaity on her graduation and to you for making it through without puddling up. The years go by so fast. Sorry to hear your sis won't be joining you, but I know you'll have a good time with your mom. Please give her my regards. She must be a special lady. Love the sundress. Have a great weekend. I'll be here if you want to chat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaity's dress looks like cotton candy! Congrats on the graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have lots going on! congrats to Kaity on graduation!
    sorry to hear about the animal situation... such a bummer. hope it all works out.

    ReplyDelete