May 29, 2007

New Sock Project

Here's the start of my new sock project.  Exactly two rows of 1x1 ribbing for the cuff.....you know I love my mama when I'm knitting socks with 1x1 ribbing....I hate it but it will fit with the pattern I've picked out.  The stitches CO just won't work with my normal 2x2 ribbing.  I'm going to be using a stitch pattern out of Sensational Knitted Socks, it's called Waterfall Rib.  I've got to get the second book after I move.  Shock, Gasp a sock knitter without the second Sensational Knitted Socks book!  *trish is hanging her head in shame*    :~)

Dscn0678


I'll be knitting my mom a pair of socks using some Seacoast Handpainted Yarns Panda sock yarn.  The colorway is called Sunset and is very pretty.  Kaity decided on the color for Grandma....my mom sent two different hanks.  Of course my "pink" obsessed 6 year old would pick out the yarn that has pink in it.  :~)



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors. I love Seacoast. Can't wait to see these socks progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh pretty pink. :) How lucky for your mom.

    ReplyDelete