May 11, 2007

Last of the Sock Yarn!

My wonderful mailman brought me two packages this morning.  One was my order from The Loopy Ewe and the other was the prize from Jennie's contest.  This is the last of my sock yarn till after we are moved and settled in.   



Just as a warning, this post is kinda loaded with sock yarn.

First Up is the Opal Feelings sock yarn that Jennie sent me.  She also sent a cute little charm that I will be adding to my charm bracelet. 

Dsc02938


Next up is the yarn I ordered from The Loopy Ewe.  This was from Sheri's latest Sneak Up that she did late at night.  It happen to be on the night I was up late with Kaity when she wasn't feeling good.  The Peppermint Mocha sold out the last time before I got a chance to get some.  I snatched some up this time and it's a good thing I didn't wait....it sold out again.

Dsc02940


Names from left to right: Claudia Hand Paint in Peppermint Mocha, Stone Barn Fibers in Orchid Petals and some Regia in bright rainbowy colors for Kaity and Bree.


Kaity has now decided that she likes ankle socks so I will definitely be able to get a pair of socks for Kaity and Bree out of one skein of yarn....well most skeins anyway.  When I say skeins I'm talking about 50g skeins.  I was making the cuff on Kaity's socks around 5-6 inches plus the heel flap.  Shawn also likes ankle socks so that makes things easy for me when I go to make him some socks here soon.  I may start working on a pair for him really soon for Fathers Day.

And since I'm going for major yarn overload, here's the Trekking that I ordered from Astrid's.  I got this in yesterday but it managed to escape photoing.  I really liked how my ordering went with Astrid....she's very nice.  I'll be shopping from her again!

Dsc02942


Names from left to right: Trekking 104, Trekking 154, Trekking 110, & Pro Natura 1607.

I really like the Pro Natura....I love the purples and blues plus it has Bamboo in it.  I ordered this before I got my prize from Jennie, which was a ball of Trekking 110.  I also ordered a ball from Astrid so I now have two balls of Trekking 110 which works out perfect because I'll use one skein for my sis and I will still have one for me.  Though I wished I would have bought a skein of Trekking 100 when I was ordering this yarn.  Oh well, I'll get some later after my sock yarn diet.  :~)

Well I'm off to get some quiet knitting time in.  I'll probably work on the dishcloth and Kaity's socks. 



5 comments:

  1. Wow! You made out like a bandit today. I've forgotten what the UPS man looks like. Oh well, I'm so glad for you. Don't you just love the Trekking? And Stone Barn Fibers is only about 30 miles away from where I lived in Wisconsin. Gorgeous stuff. I'm plugging away on my Wolife socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMgoodness. I feel like such in idiot now, I thought I sent you trekking 100 and it was 110, awww I'm soo sorry. I'll have to send you the 100 when I make another order. Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Astrid's too. Beautiful selection, great prices, and super fast shipping from the Neatherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovley stuff, really! This should keep you out of trouble for a bit, right?LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! All of a sudden my Google Reader said I had 10 unread posts from you! Just trying to catch up - I'm happy for you that you don't have to resort to eBay with the stash, and wow! have you been busy with the dishcloths! I got my Peppermint Mocha today - don't have a clue as to a pattern for it yet - it's going to have to be a pet for a while.

    ReplyDelete