May 13, 2007

Blake's Blankie

This is what I worked on yesterday:

Dsc02972_2


I had started this blankie once before but frogged it because I didn't care for the way it was turning out.  Well this time it is going much better.  The yarn I'm using is Plymouth Encore Colorspun #7117.  It's a mostly acrylic yarn but has 25% wool in it making it a lot nicer to work with then a lot of other acrylics.
  I'm knitting this blankie using the Piggy Back Squares pattern by Sarah James.  The Naked Sheep sells the pattern if you are interested.  It was like one of the only places that sold this pattern online when I bought it a few months back.  This is a pretty easy pattern and would be really easy to adapt for any size blanket.  I have 1 row of 7 squares done, 8 more rows to go.  :~)   For anyone who's counting squares that's a total of 63 squares.  I've completed 7 squares and started number 8....so 56 squares to go....providing I did my math correctly.  :~)   You know what, I think I'm just going to stick with 8 more rows to go.  Doesn't sound like there is quite as much work involved does it?  Although I reserve the right to knit as many or as few rows as I please.  I'll have to see what it looks like with 7 rows and then go from there on if I want to add the last two rows.  Who says you have to follow a pattern to a T.....just call me Trish, Rebel Knitter.   :~)




3 comments:

  1. Am I seeing the blanket right? You are knitting mitered squares that don't need to be sewn together? That is so cool. Is the pattern sold as a download? I could get into that really quick. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mitered squares?? Cool! You Go Girl!
    8 more rows sounds more managable, definately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, great minds do think a like. ;) I'm also using Encore to make a baby blanket right now too. :)
    Your blanket is looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete