May 8, 2007

Poor Kiddo

I'm going for night number two with little sleep.  :~)   Hey at least this time I'll get a little knitting done.  I'll be working on the gift for my mom....I'm sooooo close to finishing it now.  Bout 20 rounds to go and finishing touches. 
Kaity came home from school today feeling yucky.  I though it was mostly due to the fact that it was pretty warm here today (in the 80's)....I know that some of you all have already seen 90's but it's May and we aren't there quite yet.   :~)
Anyway, back to what I was talking about.....where was I.....Oh yeah, Kaity came home not feeling very good and actually crawled into bed and fell asleep.  When you have a normally bouncy happy child crawl into bed and fall asleep at 3:20 in the afternoon you can be pretty sure there is a problem.  I checked her temp while she was sleeping...the wonders of a temporal monitor...and it was at 101.7 F.  She ended up getting sick and has ran a temp all day and evening long.  We've been making her drink Pedialyte which she hates.  Why in the hell can't they make that stuff taste good?  It tastes horrible.  Hell it tastes the same as it did when I was a kid.  I've tried various brands and they all taste horrible.  You'd figure in this wonderful day and age they could figure out how to improve the taste.  Just because you're sick doesn't mean you want stuff that tastes horrible.  That's when kids are normally harder to get to take meds and stuff.  :~)
So tonight I will be knitting on the gift knit and maybe socks and who knows what else.  I change my mind all the time.  Maybe in the morning I will get something in the mail to make the day seem less long.  :~)  My box from Astrid should be here within the next week....airmail is normally pretty quick unless the customs guys snag your yarn to take home.  I think that's what happened with some Opal I bought from a ebay seller in Germany.  Thankfully the seller was fatabulous and sent more yarn out.....I got the second box about a week after she sent it.  The first box never showed up.  :~)  Which brings me back to the conclusion that the customs guys kept my yarn.  ;~)  My STR shipped Monday, along with Yarn Pirate, Loopy Sock Club (which I won't post pics of right away)....don't want to spoil for anyone else who is in the club, Addi Turbo Lace needles, and another package from Jennie for winning her second blog contest.  :~)   I'm sure I'm forgetting other stuff....lol. 
I'm off to go knit on the never ending gift knit.  :~)



1 comment:

  1. Sure hope Kaity is better today. Poor little thing. Also hope you were able to get some sleep. When Phil was sick I used to have to sit by his bed with a bucket most of the night. Don't you just love those boxes coming in? This yarn diet is still killing me.

    ReplyDelete