May 31, 2007

Hey, Hey Their Monkeys!

Yeah I know, goofy title.  I like the Monkees and the Beatles too....even if they were a bit before my time.  Hey I'm a well rounded 28 year old....I'm holdin' on to the 28 for another week.  I'm not givin' it up till I have to.  :~)

Here's what I was knitting on this morning when the sun was starting to rise....Monkey Sunrise socks.  I think they are aptly named being that the yarn color is Sunrise and the fact that the sun was rising when I cast on for these socks.

Dsc03062



I decided to go with my trusted 2x2 ribbing for the cuff because it's a tad stretchier then the twisted ribbing.  I'll also make a slip stitch heel instead of the stockinette heel that the pattern calls for.  I think the slip stitch heel has a better look and fit to it.



Doesn't this:

Dsc03065


Look better then this:

Dscn0681


I dug out the other camera because my new one is giving me fits.  I can turn the flash off but the minute I do it blurs the picture.  So back to my Handy Dandy Sony Cyber-shot.  :~)  At least it lets me do what I want, though it's a tad heavier. 

The yarn still hides the pattern a little bit but the Monkey pattern is a stronger pattern.  I can knit this pattern faster then stockinette and it's not as boring....I already have the pattern memorize from the last pair and a half I knit.  :~)   I'm not ripping them again so these will stay Monkey socks and I will continue to search for the perfect pattern for the other hank of Seacoast my mom sent me.

Speaking of Moms.....mine will be here tomorrow night instead of Monday....eeeek!  Actually I'm joking, it's a good thing for my parents to get her earlier then planned since this will give them more time to spend with the girls.  Kaity is going to be super happy.  I'm not sure how much I'm going to be out here in blogland while my parents are here.  I'll try to take some time out to say Hi and let you all in on what I've been knitting on.



Don't forget, go check out my contest post and leave me a comment to be entered in a drawing for some free sock yarn.  Feel free to pass on the contest to others if you want.  :~)   



It's been fun reading about what everyone would do with the sock.





7 comments:

  1. Chomp, chomp. That's me eating crow. I do like the monkeys better. You were right to change. So glad to hear your mom is coming tomorrow. Hope you all have a wonderful visit. Post when you can, but family is more important. Happy, happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally want to knit some monkeys too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So.Much.Better.
    really really likin' the Monkeys
    Good Job
    ps. package shipped out today. muh-haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved when my grandparents visited when I was a kid. So fun! They had sugar cereal and candy. Not like my mean mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, they look better as Monkey socks.
    Kaity must be so excited about the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can never seem to get my photos to show the true colors of yarn - I need to work on my photography. I do much better with scenery than fiber shots. The socks look great - I wasn't sure about that pattern, but that yarn really shows it off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks really good. Hmm now you've tempted me to look into making some monkeys too. :)

    ReplyDelete