May 10, 2007

Thursday

Crappy title, yeah I know.  My creativeness is shot.  Not to mention I think I lost my want to knit....hope that comes back soon.  I'll go into that more in a minute.
I didn't knit on anything last night, I was just to tired.  So I crawled into bed around 9:30 pm.  That's the earliest I've went to bed in a long time.  :~)
Lookie what the mailman brought me:

Dsc02927

Dsc02929


My winnings from Colleen's Spare A Square.  She has monthly drawings.  For each square you send you get your name dropped into the jar for the drawing at the end of the month. The other is one of the Yarn Harlots books.....as if I have to explain this to you all....lol.  My mom picked this up for me the other day.  I don't have any of them so this was a great little addition.  These wonderful things helped soften the blow of what I'm going to have to do this afternoon.
I also got in my order from Astrid, Yarn Pirate, and BMFA but I didn't take pictures of them.  I can't keep them so I don't want to get attached to them.

I'm not looking for pity, I just want to share what I'm going through with those who will understand the pain and trust me when I say pain because there was definitely some pain when I opened the BMFA package today.  Oh boy do I like STR, but I'm sure it will find a good home.  :~)    But my pain is no where close to what Sue and her family are feeling right now.  What I'm going through is so trivial compared to losing a beloved pet.
I'm not going to go into a lot of detail but money we though we were going to be able to get for the move is now not going to happen.  So needing to put on a trailer hitch on our car and Kaity needing summer clothes brings me to the need for money and a lot of it.  This is where my sock yarn stash comes in.  You all have seen some of the stuff I've bought.  I'd say that over 98 % of sock yarn stash will be sold out on ebay.  I know for a fact it will sell, shoot just about anything will sell on ebay.  I'll be keeping a few lone skeins that aren't enough for an adult pair of socks and my balls of yarn from Opal, Regia, Knit Picks...etc, stuff I've won in contests, been given to from friends. and the like but the rest will be sold off.  I'm definitely keeping my Loopy Ewe sock club package, there's no way I'm parting with that.
So this afternoon I'll be photoing a whole lotta sock yarn so that I can get it listed on ebay here in the next few hours.
I don't think I need to explain to you all how tough this afternoon is going to be.  But you do what you have to do. 
I can say one thing truthfully, from here on out I will not buy something unless I'm going to knit it up right way.  I will never have a stash again because I never want to have to do this again.  :~(



4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear. I hope that by selling some of your stash you are able to get the money that you need. Good luck. Make sure to let us know when it's up on Ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Honey. I'm so sorry. I can't believe you have to part with your stash, but life has a way of throwing us curve balls when we least expect it. I, too, hope you can make the money you need on Ebay. I know that being in the military sometimes really sucks. My heart is with you.
    Hugs,Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you thought about posting on the Destash for Cash blog? Either way make sure you post the link. I sure to do love living through your stash acquisition.
    Sorry to hear that you are going to have to trim down. Hang int here!!!

    ReplyDelete