May 4, 2007

New Socks for Kaity

Since I finished up my CTH socks I decided to celebrate by starting another small sock project.  I started a pair of socks for Kaity.

Dsc02917

I'm using Knit Picks Dancing yarn in Unknown colorway....I think they called it Tropical but I'm not sure, since Knit Picks wasn't kind enough to put the color name on the ball band, just the color number.  :~)  It's a nice mix of yellow, orange, and blue.  So far, so good I like knitting with it.  It does twist up a little as your knitting it but I can run my fingers down the yarn and straighten out the yarn I'm working with. 
I've decided to work this using Magic Loop.  I don't understand how I can knit so much faster using Magic Loop but I do.  I have half the cuff already done.  I'm going to try Magic Loop on the next pair of socks I make for myself but I'm not going to cast on anymore for me till I finish the other Messed Up Monkey sock for my sister.  Not that it will take me more then 5-6 days to get the other one done.....just need to get motivated and finish it.  :~)
I know I can knit a non lace sock in about 8 days as long as I knit on it every day, so I'm going to see how much time I shave off by Magic Looping.  :~)
I'm off to bed now.  It's already a lot later then I was planning on staying up and tomorrow is a busy day.  It's Costco's, the Mall, and Red Robin...Yum!

Side note:  If you haven't put your name on the Ravelry wait list go do it.  It is sooooooo cool.  I think every knitting is going to want to use this site...it's worth the wait.  I was lucky enough to get an invite from Chicken Knits....she had a few but they are gone now.  I'll go more into the site in another post if you all are interested.  Drop me a comment if you want to here more.  :~)



5 comments:

  1. I definitely want to know more about Ravelry - it looks like it's going to be an awesome resource!
    And in the Bloglines sucks category - Bloglines just alerted me to your previous post (oh, the irony!) an not this one *sigh*.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bloglines told me you had 22 posts! I thought, Wow, she's been up late again. Sure want to know more about Ravelry. Looks like it's still in beta. You're also giving me the itch to do ML again. I did knit fast with that method. Have fun with all the errand today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a definite Magic Loop girl - love it! Hey, sometimes I think it might be more typepad than bloglines. I had trouble too until I used feedburner to burn my feeds from typepad. The feed pickup seems to be a lot better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I stumbled upon your blog from YarnBallBoogie.com - I was wondering, do you still have the episode he was on, recorded onto your DVR? If you haven't erased it yet, and you can record it onto DVD-R - I'd like to do a swap with you. I make personalized name stitch markers which I sell in my Etsy Shop. I'd like to send you your name, if you'll copy the episode for me. Are you able and/or willing to do this? Please email me back and let me know!
    Happy Knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bloglines has it's pluses and minuses but since it's free I can't complain.
    Love the colors on Kaity's new sock. I'm a dpn lover myself. Something very comforting about socks on my dpns.

    ReplyDelete